The answer is – both!
Both are terrific platforms for promoting your business and that’s because they reach totally different audiences. In terms of advertising, you do not get a better one-two punch than Facebook and Google. Let’s break it down advertising nerd style.
|Google Adwords||Facebook Ads|
|Paid search ads that appear on top of or next to search results.||Paid social media ads on Facebook that also show up on Instagram.|
|Targets keywords used in search queries.||Customizable by locale, age, previous likes, etc.|
|Google searchers are primed to buy.||Facebook ads build brand awareness and create leads.|
|Reaches 90 percent of Internet users.||Reaches 43 percent of internet users|
|Google has lion’s share of search traffic with 40,000 searches processed every second.||22.9 percent of the world’s population is on Facebook.|
How Does Facebook Advertising Work?
- Advertisers set a goal, deciding what they want for their business from the campaign, to:
- Build online presence and encourage discovery.
- Build brand awareness.
- Generate leads for your business.
- Boost sales by generating leads.
- Encourage repeat sales and earn brand loyalty.
- The advertiser targets a demographic – a group of people who you want to reach with your ad. There are several ways to do this.
- Manually select your audiences based on demographics such as age group, geographic location, language and other criteria.
- Custom audiences allows you to upload your contact list and connect with clients who are already using Facebook.
- Look-alikes allows you to use your existing customer data to find people who are similar to them who are using Facebook.
- Create a budget for your ad either per diem or over the lifetime of the campaign.
- Create your ad with graphics or even video.
- Once your ad is ready, you have several options on where to run your ad in the Facebook network. Your ads will be optimized for viewing on mobile or desktop.
- Ads can be displayed on Facebook or Instagram.
- Ads can also be displayed on Facebook’s Audience Network which can display ads on mobile apps, mobile optimized websites, and in videos.
- Ad performance can be measured through several management options available on Facebook.
How does Google Adwords Work?
Google AdWords is a little more complicated. People hear the words “pay per click” and think that they will simply pay a fixed cost for each user who clicks on their ads. They also hear “keyword auction” and think that the company with the biggest ad spend wins. Instead it’s more like a mathematical equation. This is how the auction really works.
Maximum Bid / Content Quality Score = Ad Rank
Now let’s break that down a little further.
- Maximum bid is the top amount that you are willing to pay for your clicks.
- Quality score is determined by Google’s evaluation of your ad, and the quality of the content on the webpage that it is linked to. Also factored in is relevancy to the keywords on which you are bidding.
This is where you really need to work with an experienced advertising professional, as well as a SEO specialist, and maybe even a Web designer. Google is looking at your website for fresh, high-quality content, optimization for mobile, and relevancy to the keywords that you’re using. Why work with professionals? Because they know how to make that advertising spend work for you. It doesn’t matter how much you have, it’s how you use it. A small company with a smaller advertising budget working with professionals accustomed to dealing with smaller businesses can actually get a great result high up on the search engine results page.
Professionals take your advertising as seriously as you do and want you to get the best bang possible for your advertising buck. When you hire professionals to create beautiful, relevant, and eye-catching ads and even entire campaigns, you are enhancing your brand and making it memorable. Find out for yourself just how much your traffic can increase, get a terrific return on investment, and discover healthier and happier bottom line. See for yourself the difference that dedicated professionals can make.
Mansi Rana is managing director and story teller at EZ Rankings. She enjoys connecting with people, keeping her self updated with the latest in the field of business, technology and fashion and spending quality time with her family. Find details at https://www.ezrankings.org/smo.html
The post Which is the Better Advertising Platform – Facebook or Google? appeared first on SiteProNews.advertising, better, Facebook, Google, platform